“I love my public school.com” was started by a group of concerned Wisconsin parents who have come together to fight for the rights of all children to have a quality public education.
THE BUDGET MAY BE SIGNED BUT OUR FIGHT TO SAVE PUBLIC EDUCATION IS NOT OVER!
Take a look at what Gov. Scott Walker’s 2011-13 state budget takes from Wisconsin public schools:
- Slashes $1.6 billion from K-12 across the state over the bienium
- Art, library, music, physical education, math teacher leaders and literacy coaches will be cut from many schools
- SAGE funding for small class sizes will be cut in many MPS schools
- Funding for advanced placement and other programs cut
- Reductions in programs including school breakfast
- Expansion of the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (vouchers) and independent 2r charter schools and creation of voucher programs in Racine and Green Bay that funnel money away from public schools.
- So we’re really worried, right now, about public education.
You with us?
ON SATURDAY, JUNE 4, OVER 2,000 PUBLIC EDUCATION SUPPORTERS MARCHED ON MILWAUKEE TO DEMAND OUR THAT OUR CHILDREN'S CIVIL RIGHTS ARE RECOGNIZED.
More photos on the events page.
WE NEED YOU!
Contact us ASAP, and be added to our growing list of supporters.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR OUR SLAMMING
"I LOVE MY PUBLIC SCHOOL" T-SHIRT?
So is The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi
hanging out with ILMPS Parent Angie McManaman
at the recent ACLU Wisconsin fundraiser.
Make our t-shirt part of your essential wardrobe!
Our online store is currently under construction at our
If you have any questions about our shirts,
please email us at
WHAT CAN YOU DO NOW?
Glad you asked.
June 4th March for Public Education, Milwaukee, Photograph by Barbara J. Miner